Home Menu

Site Navigation

User Tag List

Old 12-26-2006, 03:36 PM #1

ToyotaDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Windows defroster not working

My rear window defroster stopped working. The light does not go on when I press the button. I checked the fuses, one is a 30 amp one, and it looks fine. The other is a 50 amp one, but you cant really tell if its bad or good. Anyone know if those are all the fuses? What else can I check?

This is a 2003 4runner limited. Thanks!
ToyotaDan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:25 PM #2

pickerdd is on a distinguished road

Just a thought, but is the back window rolled all the way up? I had a problem with mine not working several months back and I didn't have the back window rolled all the way up.

David
Delivered 5/5/2008
pickerdd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:45 PM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by pickerdd
Just a thought, but is the back window rolled all the way up? I had a problem with mine not working several months back and I didn't have the back window rolled all the way up.

David
Thanks for the suggestion. I dont remember taking it down, but thats the first thing I will try when I get home tonight!!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:04 PM #4

mole177 is an unknown quantity at this point

mole177 is an unknown quantity at this point
i ran into that prob too. the button didn't light up. rolled the rear window up and everything was fine.
2006 4wd v8 sport, functional hood scoop, OME 896 886 and OME shocks, icon billet UCA, icon rear UCA, two frogs racing rear lower control arms, spidertraxx, in channel window visor, volant intake, magnaflow catback, dual battery, HID roof lights, PIAA back up lights
mole177 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:17 PM #5
Super Moderator

Mark86 is on a distinguished road
Super Moderator

Mark86 is on a distinguished road
Did you recently unplug the battery? That would cause it as well. Roll the back window up and down a few times and you should be alright. I bet the auto function does not work either.
Nav, XREAS, Adjustable Ride Height, Sunroof, Side Curtain Airbags, Rear Spoiler, Double Deck Cargo, Chrome Exhuast Tip, Bug Shield, All Weather Mats, Driver Side Assist Handle, Audiovox Remote Starter, 2006 Skid Plate, LED lighting- interior and running boards, USA-Spec PA-15
Click For Pictures of My Current 2005 Limited, Detailed LED Conversion Instructions, Click For Pictures of My Retired 2003 Sport
Mark86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:31 AM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark86
Did you recently unplug the battery? That would cause it as well. Roll the back window up and down a few times and you should be alright. I bet the auto function does not work either.
You guys are good! I did unplug the battery(few weeks ago). Sure enough - I rolled the window up and down and now it works. Thanks to all for saving me a trip to the dealer.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:29 PM #7

Dan,

If you disconnected the battery, you might also need to normalize the sunroof and the driver's side window if you haven't already done so.

David
Delivered 5/5/2008
pickerdd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:28 PM #8

Justblaze1999 is on a distinguished road

what if the Windows motor is dead?

How could I make the defrost Work without being able to reset the Window?
Justblaze1999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:19 AM #9
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justblaze1999 View Post
what if the Windows motor is dead?

How could I make the defrost Work without being able to reset the Window?
Well if the window motor in the rear is dead, and it's cracked open a little bit you're sorta boned there. Additionally you're rear wiper won't work...
BlackWorksInc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:27 PM #10

Is there anyway I could manually open or close the Window?

The motor is 800$ ...
Justblaze1999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:04 PM #11

Sherigirl67 is on a distinguished road

Sherigirl67 is on a distinguished road
Rear window, defrogger and wiper

The same think happened to me just this morning and I found that my rear window was down about a 1/2 or so. I guess when that back window is not full up the wiper, rear defogger will not work. Aparently something had hit that rear window button and it opened just enough not allow things to work properly. Glad that was an easy fix! Hope this helps 😊
Sherigirl67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:56 PM #12

my06t4rLE is on a distinguished road

my06t4rLE is on a distinguished road
i have a 2006 toyota 4runner limited edition, my front windshield defroster does not blow air out of it. the lights turn on for the buttons, everything else works with hot air but the defroster. ac on or off it still dont work. i also have a buzzing noise that comes on when i start the vehicle and it stays on for the 1st 20 seconds and goes off.. only when the truck is started.. once in a great while it will come back while driving but its only usually when starting the vehicle. the noise is coming from under the dash so it sounds like it may have something to do with the heater issue. defroster worked fine last winter, but has not been working lately. the noise im describing has been going on since beginning of summer. can anyone help with this?
Old 11-20-2016, 08:17 PM #13
Elite Member

Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my06t4rLE View Post
i have a 2006 toyota 4runner limited edition, my front windshield defroster does not blow air out of it. the lights turn on for the buttons, everything else works with hot air but the defroster. ac on or off it still dont work. i also have a buzzing noise that comes on when i start the vehicle and it stays on for the 1st 20 seconds and goes off.. only when the truck is started.. once in a great while it will come back while driving but its only usually when starting the vehicle. the noise is coming from under the dash so it sounds like it may have something to do with the heater issue. defroster worked fine last winter, but has not been working lately. the noise im describing has been going on since beginning of summer. can anyone help with this?
Sounds like the mode position motor for the mode air door is failing. I think "Buzzing" is the motor shaft being loose in the plastic worm gear and some people have been able to repair that, "clicking" would imply the position sensing circuit is faulty and the motor assembly needs to be replaced.
BlackWorksInc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:23 PM #14

daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold

daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold daytonaviolet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickerdd View Post

David
thanks for this.. it solved my problem.
daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 04:13 PM #15

NewB4RunnerGuy is on a distinguished road

NewB4RunnerGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole177 View Post
i ran into that prob too. the button didn't light up. rolled the rear window up and everything was fine.
Had the same issue and this solved it! Thanks
NewB4RunnerGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote